--On 05 December 2006 08:39 +0100 bert hubert
wrote:

> And criterium #1 is stability. I've yet to meet serious infrastructure
> providers willing to base their network on unstable protocols, where
> unstable means "I'll have to upgrade software/protocols/algorithms in the
> foreseeable future".

Noone *has* to upgrade anything. If people don't want to upgrade, that's up
to them. And I thought your argument (now) was that it was not the protocol
that was unstable, but various implementations thereof through the
complexity of the protocol - in which case they will chose the stable
implementations instead.

Alex

archive: