So, it looks like DNS amplification isn't the problem to solve.
(Based on a sample set of 2.) Do we branch into another set of
questions, or live contentedly with status quo?

At 20:02 +0200 3/28/06, bert hubert wrote:

>I wonder how well other recursors do, and might perhaps not be performing
>any useful role at all in attenuating packets.

Okay - then let's address that.

Is the resolver's algorithm something of concern to the
interoperability of the protocol's implementations? (I ask because
this is my gating function for what I think is a candidate for DNSEXT
WG. Mind you - "my gating" - a non-authortiative measure.)

Or should DNSOP make some judgement on the footprint of damage by a
less than optimal resolver algorithm?
Edward Lewis +1-571-434-5468

Nothin' more exciting than going to the printer to watch the toner drain...

to unsubscribe send a message to with