>> a bunch of DNSSEC aware API calls that both allow you to match
>> existing APIs as much as possible as well as let you give greater
>> control over the policies the APIs are likely internally going to
>> have to implement.

Stephane> It is DNSSEC-specific? Because I believe that some people
Stephane> would want to have other information as well, such as wether
Stephane> getaddrinfo() was actually done with LLMNR or DNS or
Stephane> /etc/hosts (the starting point of a rather silly flame
Stephane> during the last call).

We (and by "we" I mean my co-workers who did all the work not me)
wrote it primarily to solve some of our dnssec specific issues with
existing APIs. However, certainly it makes sense to make sure that
anything new that is defined can handle all the problems at once! We'd
certainly be interested in review for other issues too.

--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.

archive: