On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 03:33:40PM +0100,
Simon Josefsson wrote
a message of 33 lines which said:

> There are other C APIs for generic DNS lookups,

Warning, I was talking about resolution-agnostic APIs like
getaddrinfo() (which works as well for LDAP, /etc/hosts, DNS...).

> I'm not sure IETF is the best place to standardize any of this
> though.

Neither am I but:

1) It is an interesting subject, anyway, and worth studying.

2) Some people raised the issue during the IETF Last Call and,
unfortunately, it seems to have been seriously considered (instead of
being dismissed as out-of-scope).

archive: