In message , "Jonat
han Petersson" writes:
> I recall someone mentioning the bind has the functionality of loading old
> revisions of a zone-file when using dynamic updates. Is this correct? If yes
> how is this done?
> Thanks
>
> /Jonathan

named loads the master file and the changes that have occured
since then from a journal of changes. The zone is marked
as dirty when change is made and a timer is started to tell
named to write out a new master file incorporating all the
changes made when the timer goes off. This is done to
reduce the number of times the master file needs to be
written when there are lots of changes to the zone.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews@isc.org