--On 05 June 2004 13:13 +0000 bmanning@vacation.karoshi.com wrote:

> And Geoff did indicate that Nominet has received legal
> advice that confidentiality is required.

I think (as per the referenced in Geoff's message to which you refer) it's
specific confidentiality that's required on that front (i.e. of the
database rather than of its components), rather than "everything must be
held confidential".

But away from the legal point, there's the "what do we want this protocol
to do" question. Again, from Nominet's view, whilst I can see the three
things I posted might be desirable features to some, they aren't something
Nominet's looking for.

The point of my message was to indicate what advice we had not received,
and what functionality we were not seeking :-) - given "confidentiality"
can mean anything to anyone.

Alex

archive: