Re: SPF record - DNS

This is a discussion on Re: SPF record - DNS ; > Res wrote: > > On Sun, 2 Nov 2008, Byung-Hee HWANG wrote: > > > >> Well, a negligible number of people may have a very important position > >> as like a businessman in international trade or a ...

  1. Re: SPF record

    On 02.11.08 22:30, Byung-Hee HWANG wrote:
    > That's local issue. It's hard to explain in detail. Anyway i would like
    > to say that SPF is somewhat dangerous to use as anti-spam trick.

    yes, since SPF is an anti-forgery and not anti-spam tool

    - Holmes, what kind of school did you study to be a detective?
    - Elementary, Watson.

  2. Re: SPF record

    "Matus UHLAR - fantomas" wrote in message
    > > Res wrote:

    position

    in

    > > > We have lawyers and doctors, and none of them have ever had any

    issues,
    > > > and I doubt an international business or scientific would be using
    > > > shared host server

    > On 02.11.08 22:30, Byung-Hee HWANG wrote:
    > > That's local issue. It's hard to explain in detail. Anyway i would like
    > > to say that SPF is somewhat dangerous to use as anti-spam trick.

    > yes, since SPF is an anti-forgery and not anti-spam tool

    Technically, domainkeys is also an anti-forgery tool.

    SPF is not dangerous. It can break mail forwarding - so systems that
    receive forwarded mail need to be aware of that. Domainkeys doesn't have
    that problem, but is more difficult to implement.

    PS: Anyone who advocates using a TXT-RR for SPF is more than 2 years behind
    the times and should not be given any respect. The SPF-RR (type 99) has
    been supported in DNS for 2 years now. The TXT-RR was a transitional
    mechanism ONLY and is therefore depreciated.

+ Reply to Thread