On Sat, 1 Nov 2008, Ejaz wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Please could any one tell me how can i create the SPF record for a specifc
> domain,

Go to http://www.openspf.org
There is a wizard there that will help you along with a myriad of other
info you should take the time to read when you can.

One thing though, once you have the data to insert into your TXT or SPF
resource record, I strongly recommend for the first few weeks you use the
" ~all " option, once you know its working without problems then change
all to " -all ".

You'll need to know the IP or range you sent from, typically, people use
ip4: a mx -all

for example, my server IP is 58.96.38.4

in a TXT entry for my zone I use v=spf1 ip4:58.96.48.4 a mx -all
or if you like
TXT "v=spf1 ip4:58.96.38.4 a mx -all"
and optionally SPF "ip4:58.96.38.4 a mx -all

You dont need the SPF entry as its not ratified yet, but bind honours it,
so I use it, but unless you can edit the authoritative zone file you may
not be able to use it anyway.

--
Res

If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem!