On 29.10.08 23:09, Stephen Liu wrote:
> xen03:/usr/local/src/bind-9.5.0#./configure --prefix=/usr/local/bind

in such case, named will work in /usr/local/bind and search for config file
in /ust/local/bind/etc.

If you chroot to /usr/local/bind, named will search for default config file
/usr/local/bind/usr/local/bind/etc/named.conf, unless you provide any with
"-c" command line option, and for other files in

So now you need to specify named.conf file (which you already do) and have
to use "directory" option in the config file for other files not to be
searched in /usr/local/bind/usr/local/bind/etc/.