On Oct 17, 2008, at 12:25 AM, Mattias Segerdahl wrote:
> $ORIGIN .
> testdomain.com SOA sdns01-01.testdomain.com. (
> hostmaster.testdomain.com.
> 2831352510 ; serial
> 7200 ; refresh (2 hours)
> 3600 ; retry (1 hour)
> 1209600 ; expire (2 weeks)
> 3600 ; minimum (1 hour)
> )
> NS sdns01-01.testdomain.com.
> NS sdns02-01.testdomain.com.
> $ORIGIN testdomain.com.
> test NS ddns01-01.testdomain.com.
> test NS ddns01-02.testdomain.com.
> test NS ddns01-03.testdomain.com.
> =
> =
> ================================================== ====================
> $ORIGIN .
> $TTL 604800 ; 1 week
> testdomain.com IN SOA testdomain.com. (
> root.testdomain.com.
> 6818 ; serial
> 604800 ; refresh (1 week)
> 86400 ; retry (1 day)
> 2419200 ; expire (4 weeks)
> 604800 ; minimum (1 week)
> )
> NS ddns01-01.testdomain.com.
> NS ddns01-02.testdomain.com.
> NS ddns01-03.testdomain.com.
> $ORIGIN testdomain.com.
> $TTL 1 ; 1 second
> test A 127.0.2.1
> A 127.0.2.2
> A 127.0.2.3
>
> Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong, or if this isn't possible on
> Bind?

I've reformatted your zone data in the hopes of avoiding further line
wrapping by the listserv.

You're delegating the "test" subdomain to three servers, but then
those three servers claim authority for the parent zone. That's
probably the cause - the BIND resolver is probably choking on the
"lame delegation" that it sees in the authority section of the answer.
The MS DNS resolver is only concerned with the answer section.

Chris Buxton
Professional Services
Men & Mice