CNAME from Subdomain to main domain-name. - DNS

This is a discussion on CNAME from Subdomain to main domain-name. - DNS ; Greetings, Just wanted to ask if this is a possible scenario. domain.com. IN CNAME www www IN CNAME myserver.beta.domain.com. I have 2 zones one originating from domain.com. and another for beta.domain.com. is it possible to put a sub-domain on domain.com ...

  1. CNAME from Subdomain to main domain-name.

    Greetings,

    Just wanted to ask if this is a possible scenario.

    domain.com. IN CNAME www
    www IN CNAME myserver.beta.domain.com.

    I have 2 zones one originating from domain.com. and another for
    beta.domain.com. is it possible to put a sub-domain on domain.com as a
    CNAME entry?

    any help will be greatly appreciated.

    regards,
    -b

  2. Re: CNAME from Subdomain to main domain-name.

    "Beavis" wrote in message
    > Greetings,
    >
    > Just wanted to ask if this is a possible scenario.
    >

    > domain.com. IN CNAME www
    > www IN CNAME myserver.beta.domain.com.
    >
    > I have 2 zones one originating from domain.com. and another for
    > beta.domain.com. is it possible to put a sub-domain on domain.com as a
    > CNAME entry?

    Not legal - because "domain.com" will also have an SOA-RR and CNAME cannot
    coexist with any RR other than DNSSEC records.

+ Reply to Thread