On Sep 28 2008, Jack Tavares wrote:

>It appears to me that issuing a
>rndc status
>command will tall named to reload the config
>if the named.conf file has changed.
>
>Is that what is happening (or is there something else going
>on in my system to cause the reload)

"rndc status" does not cause named to reread the config file,
so the answer is presumably "something else going on".

Someone/something else going "rndc reconfig"? named crashing and
being restarted? more than one named process running and you're
getting confused about which one you are talking to?

I think you need to provide more information about your configuration
and the incident(s) that caused you to ask the question.

--
Chris Thompson
Email: cet1@cam.ac.uk