9.3 ARM can be found here: http://www.isc.org/sw/bind/arm93/
*
For the last 20 years, or so, folks have been pushing underscores out.
*
http://www.dns.net/dnsrd/trick.html#legal-hostnames
*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostname
*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_name
*
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1034*which includes:
*
" ::= any one of the 52 alphabetic characters A through Z in
upper case and a through z in lower case

::= any one of the ten digits 0 through 9

Note that while upper and lower case letters are allowed in domain
names, no significance is attached to the case.* That is, two names with
the same spelling but different case are to be treated as if identical.

The labels must follow the rules for ARPANET host names.* They must
start with a letter, end with a letter or digit, and have as interior
characters only letters, digits, and hyphen.* There are also some
restrictions on the length.* Labels must be 63 characters or less"
*
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1035*says the same as above.
*
If you google enough, you may find what you are looking for.

HTH