>From: Danny Mayer
>
>Jorge Canas wrote:

> > Anyone know how to configure the local DNS to do that? Caching on the

>local
> > DNS would also be nice, but the forwarding bit is more important to me

>right
> > now.
> >

>Don't bother. Just let the local DNS server query directly. There is no
>advantage to forward to the ISP's DNS servers.
>
>Danny

Thanks for all the replies. I had a similar query on the dhcp mailing list
and I have been told that DNSMASQ will do what I want.

For the record, I am basically trying to simulate the behaviour of off the
shelf NAT/FW... That is why I wanted to not really run full fledged DNS
locally.

- Jorge

FREE online classifieds from Windows Live Expo buy and sell with people
you know
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwex..._tagline_12/06