Windows 2000 support.... - DNS

This is a discussion on Windows 2000 support.... - DNS ; I was reading through the release notes on the latest updates to BIND 9.4.x, and noticed that there is a note in there that Windows 2000 is no longer being supported. This leads me to two questions: 1) Does this ...

  1. Windows 2000 support....

    I was reading through the release notes on the latest updates to BIND
    9.4.x, and noticed that there is a note in there that Windows 2000 is no
    longer being supported.

    This leads me to two questions:

    1) Does this mean that there are OS or API level features now being used
    in BIND that are not available on Windows 2000, or does this simply mean
    that ISC and their associated testers are no longer running tests on the
    older OS?

    2) What is the latest version of BIND that *is* supported on Windows 2000?

    I've still got Windows 2000 deployed, and I'm not in a position to
    update those servers at the moment, so I need to find out which
    version(s) of BIND I can still use.

    Thank you for any information or assistance.

  2. Re: Windows 2000 support....

    On Sep 11, 8:30 am, SpamList wrote:

    > 2) What is the latest version of BIND that *is* supported on Windows 2000?
    >
    > I've still got Windows 2000 deployed, and I'm not in a position to
    > update those servers at the moment, so I need to find out which
    > version(s) of BIND I can still use.
    >
    > Thank you for any information or assistance.

    We are still running the BIND 9.4.2-P2 version, that supposedly had
    the fixes for the "kaminsky issue" but was said to have some
    "stability problems", which we have not experienced as of yet. Maybe
    since its only our secondary dns running on w2k with this version and
    its not under a great load is why we haven't noticed the stability
    problem yet.. not sure.

+ Reply to Thread