Hi,

On 1/15/07, Schlosser, Matt D. wrote:
> The machines run between 800 and 1,000 queries/second for both
> authoritative and recursive zones. After 12-24 hours, the CPU will
> spike to 100% and sit there while the machine times out any more
> queries. The only resolution is to restart bind.

I haven't personally experienced this, but I've seen it reported quite
a few times on this list. IIRC, it's been reported that the cache
cleaning can be quite heavy sometimes, so you might want to adjust the
cleaning interval.

Also, recompiling BIND with internal malloc support was reported to
help (this requires editing a header file IIRC). That part seems to be
detailed here:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp....e3178894e98351

No idea why running on Windows would make a difference.

Look in the archives, I believe it's been quite well covered.

Stefan.