On 1/16/07, Santiago Romero wrote:
> I changed from syslog to syslog-ng and named stopped freezing :-?

If you have this set to no (options section), it should be ok:

---
# enable or disable DNS usage
# syslog-ng blocks on DNS queries, so enabling DNS may lead to
# a Denial of Service attack
# (default is yes)
use_dns(no);
--
That seems to be the case on Ubuntu edgy, and they often use the
Debian defaults.

> Maybe the bind package in Debian should have syslog-ng as
> a dependency...

If it wasn't reported as a bug in Debian, it should be. However, not
sure the Debian packagers would understand the issue... I'll look for
it in their BTS, they should at least know about it...

Stefan.