On 1/16/07, Santiago Romero wrote:
> I changed from syslog to syslog-ng and named stopped freezing :-?

If you have this set to no (options section), it should be ok:

# enable or disable DNS usage
# syslog-ng blocks on DNS queries, so enabling DNS may lead to
# a Denial of Service attack
# (default is yes)
That seems to be the case on Ubuntu edgy, and they often use the
Debian defaults.

> Maybe the bind package in Debian should have syslog-ng as
> a dependency...

If it wasn't reported as a bug in Debian, it should be. However, not
sure the Debian packagers would understand the issue... I'll look for
it in their BTS, they should at least know about it...