bind9 chaotic freeze problem? - DNS

This is a discussion on bind9 chaotic freeze problem? - DNS ; Fedora Core 5 kernel-smp-2.6.18-1.2239.fc5 bind-utils-9.3.3-0.2.rc2.fc5 bind-libs-9.3.3-0.2.rc2.fc5 bind-chroot-9.3.3-0.2.rc2.fc5 At some chaotic interval my box will hang to the extent that I cannot even 'ls -l /tmp' (may not pertain to anything). I cannot 'shutdown -fr now' the box until I kill ...

  1. bind9 chaotic freeze problem?

    Fedora Core 5
    kernel-smp-2.6.18-1.2239.fc5
    bind-utils-9.3.3-0.2.rc2.fc5
    bind-libs-9.3.3-0.2.rc2.fc5
    bind-chroot-9.3.3-0.2.rc2.fc5

    At some chaotic interval my box will hang to the extent
    that I cannot even 'ls -l /tmp' (may not pertain to anything).
    I cannot 'shutdown -fr now' the box until I kill named. Once
    I restart the box things are ok until the next time this happens.
    I am running 'top' and do not see named spinning. I am going to
    cause named to do more logging (named -d 3?) to see what's going
    on. Any suggestions to what might be causing the problems?

    Mike

  2. Re: bind9 chaotic freeze problem?

    In article , Mike wrote:

    > Fedora Core 5
    > kernel-smp-2.6.18-1.2239.fc5
    > bind-utils-9.3.3-0.2.rc2.fc5
    > bind-libs-9.3.3-0.2.rc2.fc5
    > bind-chroot-9.3.3-0.2.rc2.fc5
    >
    > At some chaotic interval my box will hang to the extent
    > that I cannot even 'ls -l /tmp' (may not pertain to anything).
    > I cannot 'shutdown -fr now' the box until I kill named. Once
    > I restart the box things are ok until the next time this happens.
    > I am running 'top' and do not see named spinning. I am going to
    > cause named to do more logging (named -d 3?) to see what's going
    > on. Any suggestions to what might be causing the problems?
    >
    > Mike

    Sounds more like some kind of disk problem than a named problem.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA