> > If I do:
> > $ dig _ldap._tcp.example.com
> > dig: convert UTF-8 textname to IDN encoding: prohibited character found

> The underscore here is only allowed for SRV records.

Uhh, okay. Even if that is the case, it's a problem. Kerberos exects records
like:
_kerberos.asdf.com. IN TXT "ASDF.COM"
which is in draft-ietf-cat-krb-dns-locate-02.txt

> Try dig _ldap._tcp.example.com SRV

$ dig _ldap._tcp.example.com SRV
dig: convert UTF-8 textname to IDN encoding: prohibited character found
$ dig -t srv _ldap._tcp.example.com

I guess it's a bug. Should I send this along to bind9-bugs@isc.org? Thanks.
--
--Andre Masella (andre at masella.no-ip.org)