At Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:18:52 -0500 (CDT),
bsfinkel@anl.gov wrote:

>> >I believe 'rndc dumpdb' triggered the crash. We've recently fixed a
>> >bug that can cause various types of crash triggered by 'rndc dumpdb'.
>> >The fix will appear in 9.5.1b2. In the mean time, if you're
>> >interested please try the patch available at:
>> >http://www.jinmei.org/patch/rbtdb.c.diff

>> Against what code base is this patch written? I tried to apply it to
>> a 9.5.0-P2 source, and the patch command complained:

JINMEI Tatuya replied:

>Sorry for the trouble. The diff was against the latest development
>code (for 9.6). I didn't thought there was a critical difference
>between the latest code and 9.5 version of rbtdb.c, but I seemed to be
>wrong. I've updated the patch and put it at the same location:
>
>http://www.jinmei.org/patch/rbtdb.c.diff
>
>Please try this one.

I have installed the patch along with -P2 on our hidden master.
Before I installed the patch I tried "rndc dumpdb", but BIND did
not crash. I assume that the records in the cache on a hidden master
are not the type of records that cause a crash. I will install it
on our other DNS servers later this week.