Should I register namehost or not? - DNS

This is a discussion on Should I register namehost or not? - DNS ; Hello, all. According to some domain service provider, if I operate dns server, I should register the DNS information with the namehost from the registrar. and should be queried like below. http://reports.internic.net/cgi/whoi...ype=nameserver ns-ext.isc.org is a nameserver of the isc.org. But, ...

  1. Should I register namehost or not?

    Hello, all.

    According to some domain service provider,
    if I operate dns server, I should register the DNS information with the namehost from the registrar.
    and should be queried like below.

    http://reports.internic.net/cgi/whoi...ype=nameserver

    ns-ext.isc.org is a nameserver of the isc.org.

    But, when I query some nameservers of the famous domain, some queries well but some didn't.

    So, I don't know that should I register namehost or not?
    If then, why should I register?
    and some nameservers that didn't register, how to services well?

    Thanks for your help in advance.

    확 달라진 MSN 홈페이지, 지금 바로 만나보세요!
    http://www.msn.co.kr

  2. Re: Should I register namehost or not?

    In article , MontyRee
    wrote:

    > Hello, all.
    >

    > According to some domain service provider,
    > if I operate dns server, I should register the DNS information with the
    > namehost from the registrar.
    > and should be queried like below.
    >
    > http://reports.internic.net/cgi/whoi...type=nameserve
    >
    > ns-ext.isc.org is a nameserver of the isc.org.
    >

    > But, when I query some nameservers of the famous domain, some queries well
    > but some didn't.
    >

    > So, I don't know that should I register namehost or not?
    > If then, why should I register?
    > and some nameservers that didn't register, how to services well?

    If the nameserver is in the domain it's serving, the parent zone needs
    to contain a "glue record" for the hostname, to prevent infinite
    recursion. See:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_...pendencies_and
    _glue_records

    --