how to overcome underscore in A record - DNS

This is a discussion on how to overcome underscore in A record - DNS ; We've been using the older version (pre 9.3) and the underscore in the hostname in A recored like this_machine IN A 123.2.234.4 is okay. We have to upgrade the bind to 9.5 The new version does not like underscore in ...

  1. how to overcome underscore in A record

    We've been using the older version (pre 9.3)
    and the underscore in the hostname in A recored
    like
    this_machine IN A 123.2.234.4

    is okay.
    We have to upgrade the bind to 9.5
    The new version does not like underscore in the hostname

    Is there any way to workaround ?
    (otherwise we have to re-publish the web site URL
    with a new one
    as the user has used the underscore in its web site
    for quite some time)

  2. Re: how to overcome underscore in A record

    In article ,
    s11976@net1.hkbu.edu.hk (PM Wong) wrote:

    > We've been using the older version (pre 9.3)
    > and the underscore in the hostname in A recored
    > like
    > this_machine IN A 123.2.234.4
    >
    > is okay.
    > We have to upgrade the bind to 9.5
    > The new version does not like underscore in the hostname
    >
    > Is there any way to workaround ?
    > (otherwise we have to re-publish the web site URL
    > with a new one
    > as the user has used the underscore in its web site
    > for quite some time)

    See the check-names option.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu