Hi, all

Currently I am using FC6 which runs bind 9.3.2. I want to setup a
virtual network without connecting to internet. There are two computer
in my local network. One is DNS server running FC6, second serves as WWW
server and FTP server.

Now I set my domain name to mot.com, my nameserver's host name is
ipv6.mot.com

Here is my name.conf

{
query-source port 53;
query-source-v6 port 53;
directory "/var/named"
};

view "internal"
{
match-clients { localnets; };
match-destinations { localnets; }
recursion yes;
zone "mot.com" {
type master;
file "mot.com.db";
};
};

Here is my mot.com.db

$TTL 3D
@ IN SOA ipv6.mot.com. Root.ipv6.mot.com. (
1
8H
2H
4W
1D)

IN NS ipv6.mot.com.
ipv6.mot.com. IN A 192.168.0.50
Test.mot.com. IN A 192.168.0.100

When I use host ipv6.mot.com it reports Host ipv6.mot.com not found.

I have used FC3 to setup a DNS network without connecting to outside
internet. It worked fine. Why is it so diffiecult to set up DNS in FC6?

Could you give a sample setup configurations ?

Thanks
Best Regards
Zongjun