On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 03:18:04PM +0000, Paul Vixie wrote:

> think the WG should seriously investigate, and prefer, non-modal proposals.
> if in the end we can't find a solution that doesn't involve adding IDS to
> DNS, then so be it. but the main thrust of our effort should be non-modal.

If we can find such a solution, it would be wonderful.

I've been working on a paranoid rrset acceptance mode today, perhaps it will
prove possible to fine-tune it such that it won't hurt (too much) and can be
left on all the time.

At the expense of some extra queries perhaps.

Bert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com Open source, database driven DNS Software
http://netherlabs.nl Open and Closed source services