Dedicated name servers for sub domains - DNS

This is a discussion on Dedicated name servers for sub domains - DNS ; Hi, My isp has dedicated name servers for internet access. ns1.myisp.net, ns2.myisp.net. We are propsed to setup seperate subdomain for mobile section as mobile.myisp.net. Plese advice the guidlines:- - To setup dedicated name servers for these subdomain ns1.mobile.myisp.net and ns2.mobile.myisp.net. ...

  1. Dedicated name servers for sub domains

    Hi,
    My isp has dedicated name servers for internet access. ns1.myisp.net,
    ns2.myisp.net. We are propsed to setup seperate subdomain for mobile
    section as mobile.myisp.net.

    Plese advice the guidlines:-

    - To setup dedicated name servers for these subdomain
    ns1.mobile.myisp.net and ns2.mobile.myisp.net. We are planning GPRS
    subsriber access internet thru internal proxy and these name servers.

    thanks,
    --Navas

  2. Re: Dedicated name servers for sub domains

    In article ,
    "Mohamed Navas V" wrote:

    > Hi,
    > My isp has dedicated name servers for internet access. ns1.myisp.net,
    > ns2.myisp.net. We are propsed to setup seperate subdomain for mobile
    > section as mobile.myisp.net.
    >
    > Plese advice the guidlines:-
    >
    > - To setup dedicated name servers for these subdomain
    > ns1.mobile.myisp.net and ns2.mobile.myisp.net. We are planning GPRS
    > subsriber access internet thru internal proxy and these name servers.

    You need to put delegation and glue records in the myisp.net zone file:

    mobile IN NS ns1.mobile
    IN NS ns2.mobile

    ns1.mobile IN A #.#.#.#
    ns2.mobile IN A #.#.#.#