Von: bind-users-bounce@isc.org [mailto:bind-users-bounce@isc.org] Im Auftrag von rduterte@gmail.com
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 2. November 2006 18:05
An: comp-protocols-dns-bind@isc.org
Betreff: Domain redirection question - CNAME? A RECORD?

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask - I'm new to Google Groups.

I'm trying to forward www.exampleone.com to go to subdomain.exampletwo.com - I would need it "mapped" (not sure if that's the right term) so that subdomain.exampletwo.com/sample.html shows up in the URL as www.exampleone.com/sample.html

I tried setting up an A Record and CNAME, but my understanding of either is pretty limited. To further complicate things, the host is on a shared IP, so I have to use a domain pointer.

I have no idea if I'm doing any of this correctly, or if it's even possible.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Ramon