S: Example named.conf file for Win32 - DNS

This is a discussion on S: Example named.conf file for Win32 - DNS ; Hi folks, I'm just migrating a bind 9.3.2 installation from unix to win32, where no named.conf file is written after installation. I could not find an example file an am unsure, if i can use my unix file - of ...

  1. S: Example named.conf file for Win32

    Hi folks,

    I'm just migrating a bind 9.3.2 installation from unix to win32, where
    no named.conf file is written after installation.
    I could not find an example file an am unsure, if i can use my unix file
    - of course with some modifications

    Could anyone post an example named.conf file for 9.3.2-P1 on win32?
    Thx in adv,
    Alex

  2. Re: S: Example named.conf file for Win32

    Alex wrote:

    > I'm just migrating a bind 9.3.2 installation from unix to win32, where
    > no named.conf file is written after installation.
    > I could not find an example file an am unsure, if i can use my unix file
    > - of course with some modifications

    Yes, you can use your unix file. Bind is the same (taking into account
    versions) the only thing that changes is the place, in Windows the
    configuration goes in:

    /c/WINDOWS/System32/dns/etc

    and I usually define in named.conf where the rest of the configuration
    is, using "directory ..." There is some documentation specific for
    the Windows port in the readme1st.txt file.

    HTH
    --
    René Berber

+ Reply to Thread