Re: active directory, bind9, windows dns - TOGETHER - DNS

This is a discussion on Re: active directory, bind9, windows dns - TOGETHER - DNS ; On Sep 21, 2006, at 9:13 AM, jaro80@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All > > I have local network. Clients use WindowsXP, Linux Debian is my > router, > www, ftp server etc and additionally DNS cache server (192.168.0.1). > I'd ...

  1. Re: active directory, bind9, windows dns - TOGETHER

    On Sep 21, 2006, at 9:13 AM, jaro80@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hi All
    >
    > I have local network. Clients use WindowsXP, Linux Debian is my
    > router,
    > www, ftp server etc and additionally DNS cache server (192.168.0.1).
    > I'd like setup Active Directory in my network. I installed Windows
    > 2003
    > Server as PDC with DNS (192.168.0.2). So, now have two DNS server.
    >
    > Bind works well, it resolves names like :
    >
    > john.network.prv - 192.168.0.10
    > mark.network.prv - 192.168.0.11
    > mat.network.prv - 192.168.0.12
    >
    > network.prv is my LOCAL domain, i don't have public domain.
    >
    > I'd like still use this server (bind) both with DNS server from
    > windows
    > 2003.
    >
    > How i should configure bind and Windows DNS? I don't want change
    > client
    > configuration (they use 192.168.0.1 (bind) as DNS)
    >

    > --------------
    > my setup:
    >
    > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    > file db.network.prv
    >
    > $ORIGIN network.prv.
    > $TTL 1D
    > @ IN SOA deb hostmaster
    > 20060919
    > 8H;
    > 4H;
    > 4W;
    > 1D;
    > )
    >
    > NS deb
    >
    > deb A 192.168.0.1
    > 2k3 A 192.168.0.1
    > john A 192.168.0.10
    > mark A 192.168.0.11
    > ..
    > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    > file db.192.168.0:
    >
    > $ORIGIN 0.168.192.in-addr.arpa.
    > $TTL 1D
    >
    > @ IN SOA deb.network.prv. hostmaster.network.prv. (
    > 200609192
    > 28800
    > 14400
    > 2419200
    > 86400
    > )
    >
    > @ NS deb.network.prv.
    >
    > 1 PTR deb.network.prv.
    > 2 PTR 2k3.network.prv.
    > 10 PTR john.network.prv.
    > 11 PTR mark.network.prv.
    > ..
    > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    >
    > --
    > Best Regards

    In addition to what Chris Buxton has already replied, I can add:

    1) Search the archives of this group (and maybe of its late sister
    list bind9-users), as there have been many W2k-related postings
    in the past years.

    2) If the Windows clients point to your BIND server, then have the
    AD-related zones slaved on the BIND server. That way, the
    AD-related queries will not have to be forwarded to the W2k DNS
    Server. I have had few problems with this setup.
    Barry S. Finkel
    Argonne National Laboratory Phone: +1 (630) 252-7277
    9700 South Cass Avenue Facsimile:+1 (630) 252-4601
    Building 222, Room D209 Internet: BSFinkel@anl.gov
    Argonne, IL 60439-4828 IBMMAIL: I1004994

  2. Re: active directory, bind9, windows dns - TOGETHER

    Hello

    Thank you for all replay.

    I've searched groups, there is a lot posts about win2k and bind, but I
    didn't find solution my problem. I still can't join my computers to
    domain network.prv, so something i have wrong or I something miss in my
    config.

    Could anybody look at my above files and give me some advise, please.

    --
    Best regards

+ Reply to Thread