At 20:03 +0100 8/7/08, Tony Finch wrote:
>On Thu, 7 Aug 2008, Edward Lewis wrote:
>> What bothers me about this is that the SERVER: address is not in
>>the list (of
>> 1) addresses authoritative for the zone owning the QNAME. (That
>> is not

>dig's server is the rDNS, not the aDNS.

Ok, but still, the aa bit would then make me do some more sanity
checking if I were paranoid.

Is(n't) it true that BIND 9 no longer sets AA bit on answers a'coming
through the cache?
Edward Lewis +1-571-434-5468

Never confuse activity with progress. Activity pays more.

to unsubscribe send a message to with