At Thu, 7 Aug 2008 00:58:23 -0400,
Vinny Abello wrote:

> Interestingly, without threads I am seeing pretty much the same
> performance as with threads, but am only using one CPU and now have
> extra horsepower to spare. I know the maintainer of the BIND95 port
> on FreeBSD enabled threads by default, but I'm wondering if this
> should be reconsidered... that's more of an issue for a FreeBSD
> list, but if something is figured out, I can point the port
> maintainer to this thread (unless he's reading it already).

I'd first like to note that dnsperf would not be an appropriate tool
to measure recursive server performance. From its man page:

It is primarily intended for measuring the performance of
authoritative DNS servers, [...]

I'd use resperf, which may provide a different result.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.