On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, Karl Auer wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 10:23 +1000, Mark Andrews wrote:
>> If one wants to avoid using rndc then the only proceedure is:
>>
>> stop named
>> remove the master file
>> start named

> The OP said that he would be changing the serial number on the master,
> so it shouldn't be necessary to force anything, should it? NOTIFY should
> do the job.

He wants to know if it still works, that means do an immediate force
transfer, so Marks suggestion is the best, however, I only differ to Mark
in that I suggest to backup your zone files before you delete them

Though we have done many 'majors' and never had a problem, if theres going
to be one you'll notice it real fast hehe.

--
Cheers
Res

2/ If only cleanfeed filtered out trolls as well as spam, usenet would be
a nicer place.