> I'm trying to run a sendmail/milter threaded applicaton (linked with
> libbind) on debian sarge.
> The process fails with this error:
> memcluster.c:436: INSIST(stats[size].gets != 0U) failed.
> This happens with bind-9.3.1 and bind-9.3.3b1.
> Any pointers would be appreciated.

A double memput() or the wrong size has been passed to memput()
at some point. The later is usually sizeof(foo) vs sizeof(*foo).

Each time a memget() is made stats[size].gets is incremented.
Each time a memput() is made stats[size].gets is decremented.
Before it is decremented it is tested to make sure it is not
zero. This test fails.

Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews@isc.org