Edward W. Ray wrote:
> This error recently showed up on a RHEL 3 Server running BIND v9.3.2
>
> This machine is a mail server which is configured exactly the same as
> another RHEL 3 except that BIND would not work for some reason. Finally got
> it to work, only to get this error/bug.
>
> This error/bug is reference in
> http://bugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin....cgi?src=bind9 but I do not
> understand the solution.
>
> If anyone has any ideas much appreciated.
>
> Edward Ray

Hi Edward,

my first guess, try BIND 9.4.0b1. I am shure the fix is included.

I am running BIND 9.4.0b1 without any problems on a Unifix 2.0
Linux version 2.0.36 (root@lomi) (gcc version 2.7.2.1) #13 Die Jun 20 18:59:19 CED 2006

I did have problems on one system with kernel 2.2. when libraries got mixed.
Identical hardware, but one system only allowed root to dig.

Cleaning the disk and reinstalling linux helped. Now it is ftp that does not work

Did you install bind from the sources or from debian?

My problem started when I compiled on one machine and distributed binaries and libs.
Compiling on the target machine is easier, when it is big enough (memory and disk)

Kind regards
Peter and Karin

--
Peter and Karin Dambier