ACL for Forwarders - DNS

This is a discussion on ACL for Forwarders - DNS ; Hi, Does the fordwarder option wont take ACLs? master is the ACL here. /etc/named.conf:30: expected IP address near 'masters. ~LA...

  1. ACL for Forwarders

    Hi, Does the fordwarder option wont take ACLs? master is the ACL here.

    /etc/named.conf:30: expected IP address near 'masters.

    ~LA

  2. Re: ACL for Forwarders

    In article ,
    Linux Addict wrote:

    > Hi, Does the fordwarder option wont take ACLs? master is the ACL here.
    >
    > /etc/named.conf:30: expected IP address near 'masters.
    >
    > ~LA

    The general rule is that ACLs may only be used for matching RECEIVED
    packets, and may NOT be used when specifying where to SEND packets.
    ACLs allow you to specify CIDR blocks, which can be thought of as
    wildcards, and it doesn't make sense to use these in master or
    forwarders clauses.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA