--On 31 July 2008 11:22:03 +0200 Antoin Verschuren
wrote:

>> I am guessing the half-life of ADSL equipment is less than 3 years.

> But it can't hurt to educate the vendors so they do it right.

Indeed that was my point. I am assuming end users never (or hardly
ever) upgrade their firmware. Thus realistically speaking the only
way to get non-broken NAT (or other DNS related features) into the
ecosystem is to educate vendors and wait for the existing hardware
base to churn.

Alex

archive: