> I thought, that by setting allow-recursion to my own little part of the
> world, that any request for zones which I'm not authoritative would just
> get (pick your analogy) a blank stare or the e-finger?

I believe the issue here is that the server has google.com cached. It's
not allowed to do a recursive lookup for you, but since it can answer
your question without doing one, it does so. In 9.4 and higher, you can
use allow-query-cache to disable this behavior.

As someone else mentioned, you really need to upgrade your server to at
least 9.3.5-P1, 9.4.2-P1 or 9.5.0-P1 ASAP; the one you're using has a very
serious security flaw.

--
Evan Hunt -- evan_hunt@isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.