On Wed, 30 Jul 2008, Volker Lieder wrote:

> Hello list,
> as many people we updated to bind xxx-P1
> On our linux-debianserver we have the problem that we recieve messages
> in named.log like
>
> 30-Jul-2008 11:42:59.105 socket: too many open file descriptors
>
> We checked the FD_SETSIZE-Param, its about 1024.
> ulimit -n is set to 16384.

> Has anybody an idea how to increase the FD_SETSIZE on debian

I known debian insist on being totally different to everyone else, but
maybe look in /usr/include/linux/posix_types.h
and /usr/include/bits/typesizes.h

....maybe there's a chance they have not screwed that up

--
Cheers
Res

2/ If only cleanfeed filtered out trolls as well as spam, usenet would be
a nicer place.