Domain Name Forwarding - DNS

This is a discussion on Domain Name Forwarding - DNS ; Hi All, I want to be able to forward any request coming in to my DNS server asking for eye4you.co.nz to go to eye4you.com.au, is there any way I can do this via BIND? What would be the best way ...

  1. Domain Name Forwarding

    Hi All,

    I want to be able to forward any request coming in to my DNS server
    asking for eye4you.co.nz to go to eye4you.com.au, is there any way I
    can do this via BIND? What would be the best way to do this?

    Thanks,
    Nathan Manzi

  2. Re: Domain Name Forwarding

    In article ,
    "plasma" wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I want to be able to forward any request coming in to my DNS server
    > asking for eye4you.co.nz to go to eye4you.com.au, is there any way I
    > can do this via BIND? What would be the best way to do this?

    Just give them both the same A and MX records.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA

  3. Re: Domain Name Forwarding

    plasma wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I want to be able to forward any request coming in to my DNS server
    > asking for eye4you.co.nz to go to eye4you.com.au, is there any way I
    > can do this via BIND? What would be the best way to do this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Nathan Manzi

    I would make one a cname of the other so that you just have to change
    one of them if you want to modify something.

    -cvncpu

  4. Re: Domain Name Forwarding

    In article , "cvncpu"
    wrote:

    > plasma wrote:
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > I want to be able to forward any request coming in to my DNS server
    > > asking for eye4you.co.nz to go to eye4you.com.au, is there any way I
    > > can do this via BIND? What would be the best way to do this?

    > I would make one a cname of the other so that you just have to change
    > one of them if you want to modify something.

    Surely you must know that you can't make a zone name a CNAME.