Upgrade from 9.3.1 to 9.3.5p1 - DNS

This is a discussion on Upgrade from 9.3.1 to 9.3.5p1 - DNS ; I am going to upgrade from 9.3.1 to 9.3.5p1 on Solaris 9 (compiling from source). I was wondering if anything goes wrong, how do I roll-back my changes? Thanks....

  1. Upgrade from 9.3.1 to 9.3.5p1

    I am going to upgrade from 9.3.1 to 9.3.5p1 on Solaris 9 (compiling
    from source). I was wondering if anything goes wrong, how do I
    roll-back my changes?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Upgrade from 9.3.1 to 9.3.5p1

    Chris Henderson wrote:

    > I am going to upgrade from 9.3.1 to 9.3.5p1 on Solaris 9 (compiling
    > from source). I was wondering if anything goes wrong, how do I
    > roll-back my changes?

    If you still have the source code directory from the 9.3.1 that you
    installed from, worse case is just cd to that and run "make install".

    Bind doesn't destroy or modify anything with the named.conf or named
    directory (usually /usr/local/named), just the binaries.

    By hand, if you are using the default path structure (/usr/local), just back
    up the relative files in /usr/local/sbin, /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/lib.

    Except for the man pages I don't think it places anything elsewhere.

    Probably messy but likely if you just grab /usr/local/sbin/named and rndc
    from there you can just drop those back if all hell breaks loose.

    -bruce
    bje@ripco.com

+ Reply to Thread