Re: BIND and ZoneAlarm - DNS

This is a discussion on Re: BIND and ZoneAlarm - DNS ; On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 08:13:57AM -0700, Eugen COCA wrote: > Is there any way to make BIND work with ZoneAlarm firewall ? It should be possible for any reasonable "personal firewall" IP blocking / filtering software. Tell ZA ...

  1. Re: BIND and ZoneAlarm

    On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 08:13:57AM -0700, Eugen COCA wrote:
    > Is there any way to make BIND work with ZoneAlarm firewall ?

    It should be possible for any reasonable "personal firewall" IP blocking
    / filtering software. Tell ZA to let it accept anything coming to UDP
    port 53 and TCP port 53, and send to UDP port 53 and TCP port 53 on
    anything. Then start blocking any specific abusers that you want.

    --
    Joe Yao

  2. Re: BIND and ZoneAlarm

    Joseph S D Yao wrote:

    > It should be possible for any reasonable "personal firewall" IP blocking
    > / filtering software.

    Theoretically speaking YES, practically NO.

    BIND does not work with Zonealarm, even if ZA is unloaded (service
    stopped). I made numerous tests, on two different systems - secondary
    zones are not transferred. On other system, without ZA, BIND works
    properly.

+ Reply to Thread