From: [] On
Behalf Of Bill Sandiford
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 11:56 AM
Subject: Re: How to override an A record

Thanks David:

I'm not worried about resolution of further subdomains below My problem is that I am worried about other A records
records of other types) in the domain. For example, I want
override a single A record but I still want the A
for say, to resolve through normal channels from the
authoritive DNS server.

"David Nolan" wrote in message
> --On Friday, July 14, 2006 09:58:21 -0400 Bill Sandiford
> wrote:
>> I need to know how to place a record for into my DNS
>> servers without breaking the lookups for all other records in that
>> domain and any subdomains.

> Configure your server such that is a domain, with a

> A record
> for the domain name. If you need to point back to

> original servers you've got a harder problem. You could put NS

records in