Cache poisoning - DNS

This is a discussion on Cache poisoning - DNS ; Is cache poisoning an issue for standard master/slave name servers or only for caching name servers? Jeffrey C. Lightner Unix Systems Administrator DS Waters of America, LP 678-486-3516...

  1. Cache poisoning

    Is cache poisoning an issue for standard master/slave name servers or
    only for caching name servers?
    Jeffrey C. Lightner
    Unix Systems Administrator
    DS Waters of America, LP
    678-486-3516

  2. Re: Cache poisoning

    In article ,
    "Jeff Lightner" wrote:

    > Is cache poisoning an issue for standard master/slave name servers or
    > only for caching name servers?

    Only caching servers. Servers will never replace authoritative data
    with data received from other servers.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA