dns 1-off - DNS

This is a discussion on dns 1-off - DNS ; I am using DNS to block access to certain external websites. Our firewall does not block entire domains well. But I have need to allow certain people to correctly resolve some of the external sites. I am looking at views ...

  1. dns 1-off

    I am using DNS to block access to certain external websites. Our
    firewall does not block entire domains well.

    But I have need to allow certain people to correctly resolve some of the
    external sites. I am looking at views to control this, but wonder if I
    can use acl to block some people from seeing some of my fake zones? Or
    perhaps allow some people to forward request on a per zone basis?

  2. Re: dns 1-off

    Gordon Bowersox wrote:
    > I am using DNS to block access to certain external websites. Our
    > firewall does not block entire domains well.
    >
    > But I have need to allow certain people to correctly resolve some of the
    > external sites. I am looking at views to control this, but wonder if I
    > can use acl to block some people from seeing some of my fake zones? Or
    > perhaps allow some people to forward request on a per zone basis?

    If you only want block websites,then perhaps you should use some
    Proxyserver (for example Squid). There you can define which hosts have
    acces to csrtain domains/webs etc.

    regards
    Urban

+ Reply to Thread