Hi Adam,

I cannot help with the forwarders, but I think the reason you're not
being able to ping "sendoutcards.com" is because it's not defined in
your zone file for this reason: a blank "name" field (the first field of
a record) tells Bind to use the previous record's name again.

So here:

nas1 NS nas1.sendoutcards.com.

www A

what you're telling Bind is that "nas1" has an NS record of
nas1.sendoutcards.com., and an A record of
Try either putting "A" after your MX record, or I believe
you can use a "." to indicate the root of the zone (e.g. ". A")

Hope this helps one of your queries,