I'm having a bit of trouble with a few things in my configuration. I
am trying to set up DNS for the sendoutcards.com domain, including

Here is my zone file:

$TTL 604800
@ IN SOA ns2.sendoutcards.com. root.sendoutcards.com. (
20080532 ; Serial
604800 ; Refresh
86400 ; Retry
2419200 ; Expire
604800 ) ; Negative Cache TTL

MX 10 mail.sendoutcards.com.
NS ns2.sendoutcards.com.
nas1 NS nas1.sendoutcards.com.

www A
mail A
swetesoc A
web4 A
carl A
fs2 A
masterdb A
slavedb A
nappy A
nas1 A

This is on the secondary dns server. With this setup, I can ping
mail.sendoutcards.com, www.sendoutcards.com, but not plain
'sendoutcards.com'. Also, if I set up a remote machine to use this
DNS server in /etc/resolv.conf, that machine cannot ping 'google.com'
(the log on the DNS server says 'query (cache) denied'.

I tried setting up forwarders {}; in named.conf.options to my ISP
assigned DNS servers, but if I do that, my zone file seems to get
ignored entirely.

I know I'm probably doing this wrong, but there are so many examples
on the net with so many different formats to use in the zone file.
Any help here would be appreciated.

Adam Olsen