Named on LAN problem - DNS

This is a discussion on Named on LAN problem - DNS ; Well recently i ask for help regarding my first dns server on LAN & now i have installed & configured it , but there is one problem its not workign the way i want it to ... for example i ...

  1. Named on LAN problem

    Well recently i ask for help regarding my first dns server on LAN & now i have installed & configured it ,
    but there is one problem its not workign the way i want it to ...
    for example i want to have a local domain called clickonline.net mapping to the ip address of 10.0.0.4 but its not working .. here are my config files.

    named.conf

    acl clients {
    10.0.0.0/16;
    ::1;
    };

    options {
    listen-on { any; };
    allow-recursion { clients; };
    };
    //forwarders {10.0.0.1;};
    zone "." {
    type hint;
    file "standard/root.hint";
    };

    zone "localhost" {
    type master;
    file "standard/localhost";
    allow-transfer { localhost; };
    };

    zone "127.in-addr.arpa" {
    type master;
    file "standard/loopback";
    allow-transfer { localhost; };
    };
    zone "clickonline.net" {
    type master;
    file "/var/named/master/db.clickonline.net";
    };

    my /var/named/master/db.clickonline.net file

    $TTL 86400
    @ IN SOA ns.clickonline.net. admin@clickonline.net.
    (
    1 ; Serial
    604800 ; Refresh
    86400 ; Retry
    2419200 ; Expire
    86400 ) ; Negative Cache TTL
    ;
    @ IN NS ns.clickonline.net.

    @ IN A 10.0.0.4
    mailserver IN A 10.0.0.2
    firewall IN A 10.0.0.6

    my /etc/resolve.conf file

    domain clickonline.net
    nameserver 10.0.0.6

    the client pc window which is configured to use my named server

    C:\Documents and Settings\admin>nslookup clickonline.net
    *** Can't find server name for address 10.0.0.6: Non-existent domain
    *** Default servers are not available
    Server: UnKnown
    Address: 10.0.0.6

    *** UnKnown can't find clickonline.net: Server failed

    what should i do now ?
    regards
    Faisal

  2. Re: Named on LAN problem

    * Insert an A record for ns.clickonline.net
    * Configure a reverse class zone file for 10.0.0.*, inserting PTR record
    fro 10.0.0.6

    Can you paste some logs or give more details about "its not workign the
    way i want it to ..."?

+ Reply to Thread