> From: Alex Bligh
> Sorry, question incorrectly posed. How much of a perceived problem is
> lack of signing of the root zone? IE if a magic wand was waved and the
> root zone suddenly signed, how much of the problem would that fix?

i predict that 50 or so CCTLDs would sign within six months, and that COM
would be signed within two years. i suppose it's saying something about
the real expectations that those are optimistic "magic wand" numbers.

> I think my question is then "is making other arrangements actually that
> hard technically?..."

no. DLV works today. its problem, similar to the two-query approach's
problem, is that it won't scale to the size of the internet and the lifetime
of our grandchildren's grandchildren. for that, we need roy arends' DLVPTR.

believed to be clean.