upgrade problem 9.3.4 to 9.3.5-P1 - DNS

This is a discussion on upgrade problem 9.3.4 to 9.3.5-P1 - DNS ; Suse 10 System I get the 9.3.5-P1 packet from isc ,extract it and basicly ../configure make all the compilings are ok and no errors but when checking version named -v ,it's 9.3.4 again Any ideas?...

  1. upgrade problem 9.3.4 to 9.3.5-P1

    Suse 10 System

    I get the 9.3.5-P1 packet from isc ,extract it and basicly

    ../configure
    make

    all the compilings are ok and no errors but when checking version

    named -v ,it's 9.3.4 again

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: upgrade problem 9.3.4 to 9.3.5-P1

    In article ,
    devrim kalmaz wrote:

    > Suse 10 System
    >
    > I get the 9.3.5-P1 packet from isc ,extract it and basicly
    >
    > ./configure
    > make
    >

    > all the compilings are ok and no errors but when checking version
    >
    > named -v ,it's 9.3.4 again
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Did you do "make install" to install it?

    Did it install into the same directory where your old named binary was
    installed?

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA