DNS Security Flaw. - DNS

This is a discussion on DNS Security Flaw. - DNS ; I've just seen this story about a major flaw in DNS. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7496735.stm What is the current situation with Bind for Windows? Does this effect bind and if so is it fixed and from what version? In terms of upgrading bind ...

  1. DNS Security Flaw.

    I've just seen this story about a major flaw in DNS.

    What is the current situation with Bind for Windows? Does this effect bind
    and if so is it fixed and from what version?

    In terms of upgrading bind for Windows what is the procedure. Will it just
    install over the current version and keep all the settings?

    Regards
    Sam M
    ServWise Advanced Hosting
    www.servwise.com

    Standard and Reseller hosting on Windows (DotNetPanel) and Linux (cPanel).
    LOW LOW cost Domain Names & 128bit SSL Certificates (SBS, RapidSSL,
    GeoTrust)

  2. Re: DNS Security Flaw.

    In article , "Sam M"
    wrote:

    > I've just seen this story about a major flaw in DNS.

    > What is the current situation with Bind for Windows? Does this effect bind
    > and if so is it fixed and from what version?

    Announcements of new versions of BIND went out yesterday afternoon, more
    than 12 hours before you posted your message. They all include Windows
    versions.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA