Hi group

Thanks for the fast answer.

Yes, I put those lines and stop logging lame-servers.

But I have another question. Is this process decreasing performance on
my server? yes I stopped the logging but is totally necesary the lame
servers?

Thanks in advanced!



2008/7/2 Jeff Reasoner :
> Not an issue you can fix directly. Those domains are delegated to hosts
> that are not properly configured nameservers, and named is logging that.
>
> You could prevent them from being logged in bind 9.x.x with a logging
> statement in named.conf:
>
>
> logging {
>
> channel null { null; };
>
> category lame-servers { null; };
> }
>
> See the BIND ARM for all the gory logging details.
>
> On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 10:42 -0500, Carlos Alberto Bernat Orozco wrote:
>> Hi group
>>
>> Sorry for my question question. I'm newbie.
>>
>> In my logs I see a lot of this messages
>>
>> named[3028]: lame server resolving 'adon.co.kr' (in 'adon.co.kr'?):
>> 211.234.93.201#53
>> named[3028]: lame server resolving 'core-distributions.com' (in
>> 'core-distributions.com'?): 80.85.91.14#53
>> named[3028]: lame server resolving 'core-distributions.com' (in
>> 'core-distributions.com'?): 80.85.91.15#53
>> named[3028]: lame server resolving 'eslcontractorshardware.com' (in
>> 'eslcontractorshardware.com'?): 75.127.110.43#53
>> named[3028]: lame server resolving 'eslcontractorshardware.com' (in
>> 'eslcontractorshardware.com'?): 75.127.110.2#53
>> named[3028]: lame server resolving 'web-display.com' (in
>> 'web-display.com'?): 67.15.81.33#53
>> named[3028]: lame server resolving 'web-display.com' (in
>> 'web-display.com'?): 67.15.80.3#53
>> named[3028]: lame server resolving 'core-distributions.com' (in
>> 'core-distributions.com'?): 80.85.91.15#53
>>
>> Is this an issue? can I block it? how can I block it?
>>
>> Thanks in advanced
>>

> --
> Jeff Reasoner
> HCCA
> 513 728-7902 voice
>